SCHOLARSHIP FOR VETERANS: Are you are veteran who wants to get a head start in the field of Executive Protection? We are excited to announce a scholarship opportunity for veterans interested in attending Independent Security Advisors’ Executive Protection Training School hosted by Prince Georges County Community College Safety and Security Institute from November 4-11.
Red Five Security believes in giving back to those veterans who have served the United States honorably. We will pay for the course fees for the selectee, and allow the selected candidate to get their “foot in the door” in the industry of executive protection by providing them a chance to participate in this training. After successful completion of the coursework they will have the opportunity to obtain their Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services - Personal Protection Specialist License.
- Open to commissioned and noncommissioned officers that have completed a minimum of four years of service in any branch of the US military.
- Must have left military service with an Honorable Discharge.
- Any occupation code (MOS) is eligible.
- A valid driver’s license and a background in accordance with the criteria set forth by the Department of Criminal Justice for a Personal Protection Specialist.
- Must be a resident in the Washington DC, Maryland, or Northern Virginia metropolitan area
This opportunity will establish the foundation needed to move forward and be successful within the industry of Executive Protection. Red Five believes in our veterans and knows they are mission-oriented, disciplined, dedicated, and can achieve any objective presented.
Below is the process for which the successful candidate will be selected. The deadline for submission will be 5:00 pm Eastern Time on 14 October 2019.
- Resume submission
- Written Essay
In your own words please submit an essay via email in Microsoft Word format, and in no more than 500 words. The essay should address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in the field of Executive Protection?
- How do you plan to apply your veteran experience to this opportunity were you to be selected?
- What future career goals will this class help you achieve should you be selected and graduate?
All essays will be evaluated by Red Five’s Executive Team and the selectee will be contacted on October 18, 2019. The award consists of fees to cover course registration fees only – all other expenses (transportation to/from, meals, tolls, etc) are the responsibility of the selectee.