With the long weekend coming up, we pulled together some common sense tip to have a safe 4th of July:
4th of July Security Tips:
- Always handle fireworks safely and have a fire extinguisher nearby. Emergency responders are busier on holidays and there may be a delay in response times, so keep a first aid kit and basic burn treatment supplies handy in case of medical emergency.
- If attending a large celebration or viewing fireworks in a crowded area, have an exit plan and a pre-determined meet-up location for your party if you need to leave unexpectedly.
- Consider COVID safety precautions if gathering with others or attending a public celebration.
- Check local news and traffic alerts for road closures in your area due to planned celebrations.
- Smoke from large fireworks displays can cause reduced visibility while driving; plan accordingly for alternate routes or have a backup plan to wait out the smoke.
- Don’t forget about your pets! They may be scared of the fireworks and loud noises, so ensure they are safe and secure before celebrating.
Have a happy and safe 4th with your family and friends.