Executive Protection Specialist I
Primary Goal: To support our efforts in ensuring a safe and secure environment for our clients by performing armed executive protection, mobile patrol, and counter surveillance activities. This position involves complying with all concealed carry and private security regulations of the VA, MD, and DC departments of criminal justice services.
Essential Functions: The following list of duties is not exhaustive. The Supervisor, Manager, and/or Executives will provide additional duties and guidelines that may not be included in this job description.
- Providing executive protection services for the client and family members;
- Assessing threats and making recommendations for improving security procedures and the security of the client’s environment;
- Identifying and reporting, verbally and in writing, any anomalies and/or suspicious activities in the vicinity of the client site and along travel routes that could potentially constitute a threat;
- Conducting counter surveillance activities in the vicinity of the client site and along travel routes;
- Providing vehicular escort services to the client and family members;
- Serving as a backup to Static Officers as the mission dictates;
- Acting as an on-duty liaison to local law enforcement and emergency medical and fire officials as needed;
- Conducting routine advances;
- Complying with all security regulations; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- High School Diploma;
- At least 2 years practical security experience (military, law enforcement, intelligence, private security); EMT experience may be substituted for 1 year of practical experience;
- Close protection or executive protection experience in a dignitary or diplomatic environment preferred;
- EMT experience preferred;
- Private sector experience preferred;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Armed Security Officer Certification in accordance with Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) and the Maryland Armed Security Guard Permit;
- Have the legal right to work in the United States;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to pass a background check, physical endurance and agility test, psychological exam, and other assessments as required;
- Ability to effectively communicate security-related concepts/concerns to all levels of personnel;
- General knowledge of relevant laws and regulations that govern the protection of information security and physical assets;
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and use discretion when dealing with sensitive information;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication (both written and oral) skills;
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel and familiarity with the Apple/Mac Operating System;
- Certified hazardous material response training experience preferred; and
- Ability to meet the established physical demands required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This position requires the individualto be exposed to outside weather conditions including cold temperatures below 32 degrees for more than one hour at a time and extreme hot temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour at a time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Ability to independently be exposed to outside weather conditions including cold temperatures below 32 degrees for more than one hour at a time and extreme hot temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour at a time;
- Ability to independently be subject to vibration and hazards; including a variety of physical conditions such as the proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, heights and exposure to high heat and chemicals;
- Ability to independently be subject to atmospheric conditions, including, but not limited to; fumes, odors, mists, gases or poor ventilation;
- Ability to independently exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects;
- Ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds when required by work assignment;
- Ability to independently ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms;
- Ability to independently reach, twist and bend;
- Ability to independently maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces;
- Ability to independently stoop; bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist;
- Ability to independently kneel; bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees;
- Ability to independently crouch; bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine;
- Ability to independently reach; extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction;
- Ability to independently stand for sustained periods of time;
- Ability to independently walk; moving about on foot to accomplish tasks;
- Ability to independently push; using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward;
- Ability to independently pull; using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion;
- Ability to independently lift; raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position;
- Ability to independently pick, pinch, type or otherwise work, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm as in handling;
- Ability to independently grasp; applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm;
- Ability to independently speak; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly;
- Ability to independently hear; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts;
- Ability to independently execute repetitive motions; substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers;
- Ability to independently execute visual acuity; color, depth perception and field of vision to include measurement devices for close inspection and analysis; and
- Ability to independently remain stationary for extended periods of time.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act are eligible for this position as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodations are made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible for this position.
Red Five Security, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.