Red Five Security Consulting has a challenging and exciting Security Analyst opportunity available. The primary role of the Security Analyst is to produce written operational products for Red Five’s project managers and provide project management support to other activities and projects. This includes researching, drafting, and delivering original products based on Client needs and/or current events; and completing information requests and/or products in support of Red Five’s different companies, offices, and/or practice areas.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position based in our McLean, VA headquarters.
- Researching and assessing information for Red Five written products, including:
- Threat, Vulnerability, and Risk Assessments;
- Quick Look Security Assessments;
- Security Programming Reviews;
- Persons of Interest reports; and
- Miscellaneous investigations;
- Drafting original products as requested by Red Five management;
- Conducting portions of Threat, Vulnerability, and Risk Assessments on-site at Clients, with a specific focus on open source research for asset characterization, threat sections, and the collection and coordination of information from Subject Matter Experts;
- Conducting research and providing factual background information to all Red Five Practices, including research of legal requirements and due diligence for business development;
- In a backup capacity, monitoring current events and producing related written operational products as requested by RSOC Team Leader, including:
- Spot and Travel Reports;
- Advance Reports; and
- Morning Updates; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Government, Law, or a related field with a focus on Security; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Previous relevant experience as an Analyst or Associate in the security consulting or intelligence field;
- Possess knowledge of or have the ability to learn risk assessment processes, the project management process, and other security industry related processes as may be necessary;
- Investigative writing, technical writing, intelligence analysis, or open source research / analysis experience is desired;
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Experience with Google Docs, Gmail, and Google Drive;
- Experience using project management software preferred;
- Exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to handle confidential matters with appropriate sensitivity, discretion, and professionalism;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- Proven record of providing exceptional customer service to internal and external parties;
- Demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy;
- Excellent critical thinking, judgment, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently in a decentralized environment, without the reliance of direct authority;
- Proven maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure; and
- Proficiency in English.
Red Five is a concierge security company committed to delivering bespoke security solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ needs. Our team has extensive experience in security operations and intelligence, security design and engineering, threat and vulnerability assessments, investigations, and have trained corporate and government security professionals around the globe. Red Five clients include Fortune 50 corporations, law enforcement, military, intelligence organizations and high net-worth families.
The Red Five team includes seasoned experts from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, the U.S. Secret Service and the Departments of State, Defense, and Energy, as well as accredited security design specialists. We hire experienced and talented individuals and provide them with extensive ongoing training as well as a highly competitive benefits package.
Red Five provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.