Associate Director of IT Security
Red Five Security Consulting is seeking an Associate Director of IT Security to ensure that our Client’s IT systems operate in a secure environment. The Associate Director of IT Security will work at a Client site and on-behalf of a large Red Five Client that operates a main headquarters along with several small, satellite offices. The Associate Director will work closely with the Senior Director of IT Security to prioritize and address emerging risks through technology solutions, relating security capabilities to the Client’s overall IT strategies.
- Provide Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expertise to the Senior Director of IT Security;
- Assess industry trends and identify potential vulnerabilities;
- Work with and understand cyber security capabilities and tools;
- Evaluate new infrastructure and application capabilities or changes in security risk;
- Assist with implementing cutting-edge Active Cyber Defense and a 24x7 Cybersecurity Operations Center;
- Leverage industry best practices to assist with implementing a security incident response framework;
- Assist with the implementation of the Security Operations Center;
- Develop and cross-train other team members;
- Ensure steps are taken to correct any identified breaches, violations, risks, or incidents, tracking the progress/status and issuing reports; and
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of related IT security experience;
- Demonstrated experience with Technical Computing Support Environments and Multi User Enterprise Systems;
- Thorough understanding of Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP, and other related protocols;
- Experience working in a team/collaborative environment with a broad range of constituents;
- Substantial experience with network security issues and security incident response and recovery;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment preferred; and
- Experience with the following systems:
- Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems;
- Vulnerability Scanning;
- Full Packet Capture;
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM);
- Threat Detection and Response;
- Firewall Configuration and Monitoring;
- Intrusion Prevention/Detection;
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Orchestration;
- URL/Application Filtering;
- Insider Threat/Data Loss Prevention
- Cisco Networking, including WiFi;
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) Solutions;
- Mobile Device Security for Android and iOS;
- Microsoft Active Directory;
- Exchange and Outlook;
- Sandbox Technologies;
- Various Endpoint Protections;
- Citrix/Thin Client Solutions;
- Routing and Basic Networking, VPNs, and VLANs;
- Log Collection and Analysis; and
- Two-Factor Authentication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or another related field preferred.
Red Five is a concierge security company committed to delivering bespoke security solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ needs. Our team has extensive experience in security operations and intelligence, security design and engineering, threat and vulnerability assessments, investigations, and have trained corporate and government security professionals around the globe. Red Five clients include Fortune 50 corporations, law enforcement, military, intelligence organizations and high net-worth families.
The Red Five team includes seasoned experts from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, the U.S. Secret Service and the Departments of State, Defense, and Energy, as well as accredited security design specialists. We hire experienced and talented individuals and provide them with extensive ongoing training as well as a highly competitive benefits package.
Red Five provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.