Armed Special Police Officer
The Armed Special Police Officer is a full-time position based at a client site in Washington, D.C. The primary role is to ensure a safe and secure environment for the client, staff, visitors, and all private assets while ensuring compliance with the Washington, D.C. Security Officers Management Branch (DC SOMB) regulations.
- Conduct physical security checks of assigned structures, areas, and property grounds;
- Ensure the safety of onsite personnel and property;
- Identify and report safety hazards to minimize the risk posed to others;
- Detect and react appropriately to the commission of criminal and quasi-criminal acts on the property;
- Provide leadership and direction in an emergency;
- Patrol the property as scheduled/required;
- Maintain activity logs and compose activity reports as required;
- Document and/or investigate security incidents;
- Understand and comply with all security rules and regulations;
- Inspect and control access of materials into facilities when required;
- Operate detection equipment and respond to equipment activations when required;
- Act as an on-duty liaison for local law enforcement, emergency medical, and fire officials as needed;
- As a secondary duty in support of the unarmed security personnel, provide access control for vehicle and pedestrian access to the client site and enforce visitation regulations; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma;
- At least one year of armed security guard experience, preferably in a diplomatic environment;
- Former military or law enforcement experience preferred;
- Currently licensed as an Armed Special Police Officer in accordance with Washington, D.C. Security Officers Management Branch (DC SOMB) regulations;
- Have the legal right to work in the United States;
- Valid U.S. driver’s license;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to pass a background check, drug test, physical endurance and agility test, psychological exam, and other assessments as required;
- Ability to meet Red Five firearms qualification standards;
- Experience developing incident response plans;
- Ability to effectively communicate security-related concepts/concerns to all levels of personnel;
- General knowledge of physical security, information security, access control systems, and security-related technology including, but not limited to, cameras, recording devices, motion detection systems, etc.;
- General knowledge of relevant laws and regulations that govern the protection of information security and physical assets;
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and use discretion when dealing with sensitive information;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication (both written and oral) skills;
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Mail, and the Apple/Mac Operating System;
- Certified hazardous material response training experience preferred; and
- Ability to meet the established physical demands required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job (see below).
Physical Demands and Environment:
- Environment: Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions including cold temperatures below 32 degrees for more than one hour at a time and extreme hot temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour at a time.
- Physical abilities: Standing for extended periods of time, picking up and carrying objects of up to 20 to 50 pounds while wearing protective gear, stooping and kneeling, ascending/descending ladders and stairs, and walking extended distances when performing foot patrols or other job requirements.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Red Five is a concierge security company committed to delivering bespoke security solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ needs. Our team has extensive experience in security operations and intelligence, security design and engineering, threat and vulnerability assessments, investigations, and have trained corporate and government security professionals around the globe. Red Five clients include Fortune 50 corporations, law enforcement, military, intelligence organizations and high net-worth families.
The Red Five team includes seasoned experts from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, the U.S. Secret Service, and the Departments of State, Defense, and Energy, as well as accredited security design specialists. We hire experienced and talented individuals and provide them with extensive ongoing training as well as a highly competitive benefits package.
Red Five provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.