Security Analyst Intern
Red Five Security has an opportunity for a highly motivated individual currently enrolled in an ongoing bachelor’s or graduate degree program in a security-related field (criminal justice, international studies, law, regulatory compliance, homeland security, etc.) for our Internship Program during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Interns work part-time during the fall and spring and full-time during the summer. This is a paid internship. Please note that while the office location is Metrobus and vehicle accessible, it is not accessible by Metrorail.
Red Five interns typically help develop reports and graphics in support of the clients’ needs, write documents and briefings, assist with research projects, aid with site visits, and perform other duties to assist our team of analysts. Excellent analytical, written, and oral communications skills are required, as well as the ability to work in a dynamic and challenging team environment with short deadlines.
- Perform extensive research in support of client projects and provide an analysis of the results;
- Prepare briefings for prospective clients, program managers, and other company leaders;
- Participate in marketing efforts;
- Develop materials in support of the clients’ needs, to include: Spot Reports, Travel Reports, and other analytical products;
- Perform office administrative work as needed to further business objectives; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or appropriate;
- Ability to take direction and work independently with minimal guidance as well as within a team;
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic working environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communications (both written and oral) skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; as well as Mac OS; and
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Knowledge of current domestic and international events; and
- Knowledge of open source information sources and excellent internet research skills.
- Cover letter
- A 3-5 page writing sample from your previous semester (in MS Word format)
Please include “Internship” in the subject line of your email and indicate whether you are interested in a fall, spring, or summer internship. Generally, recruitment for the internship program begins 2-3 months prior to the commencement of the internship.
Red Five Security is a concierge security company committed to delivering bespoke security solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ needs. Red Five’s personnel have extensive experience in security operations and intelligence, security design and engineering, threat and vulnerability assessments, investigations, and have trained corporate and government security professionals around the globe. Red Five clients include Fortune 50 corporations, law enforcement, military, intelligence organizations and high net-worth families. Our combined experience gives us a deep understanding of today’s threats and the countermeasures required to defend against them. This understanding drives our development of client-centric security services.
Red Five Security is an equal opportunity employer.