RSOC - Assistant Team Leader
The Red Five Security Operations Center Assistant Team Leader (RSOC ATL) is a fulltime position that serves as the assistant lead under the RSOC Manager and is based at Red Five Headquarters in Mclean, VA.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations in the RSOC, including monitoring, identifying, and alerting security personnel regarding unauthorized and/or unsafe actions or incidents;
- Coordinate countersurveillance, intelligence analysis, and security post operations to ensure protective teams have all available threat information in a timely manner;
- Monitor the movements and locations of all account security personnel in order to expedite service requests and emergency response, and to ensure employee safety;
- Ensure quality assurance of the threat intelligence documentation, countersurveillance reports and logs, and security post activity logs in the RSOC;
- Observe and report any developing threats, hazards, unusual activity, or risks affecting Red Five operations and clients to protective operations managers, directors, and executives;
- Coordinate the protective written communications (via electronic and hardcopy) both up and down the chain of command as well as laterally to peers on executive protection teams;
- Monitor access control systems for visible and audible alarms as needed;
- Ensure the proper operation and monitoring of all life safety, access control, and intrusion detection systems and related subsystems as needed, prioritizing the criticality of alarms and utilizing available resources effectively;
- Coordinate security personnel support for executive protection managers in the event of security or safety alarms, security systems service calls, or emergency response dispatches;
- Notify, assist, and provide direction to emergency personnel as necessary;
- Report all utility and service issues to the appropriate facilities contact;
- Ensure the proper operation and monitoring of all security communication systems, including telephone, paging, internet, radio, and intercom systems;
- Supervise the RSOC Threat Analyst and conduct performance reviews in accordance with human resources processes;
- Interact effectively with a variety of personnel, including company and client staff and executives, visitors, public safety officials, and the general public;
- Provide training for all newly hired RSOC personnel;
- Enforce all client and company policies and procedures;
- Comply with all security rules and regulations; and
- Complete all other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience;
- High School Diploma required;
- At least 2 years of military, law enforcement, or security dispatching experience;
- At least 1 year of experience managing personnel and processes in a security operations center environment;
- Law enforcement or military experience in a Watch Office, Command Post, Fusion/Intelligence Center, or Security Operations Center;
- Experience using access control systems (ACS), video management systems (VMS and CCTV), intrusion detection systems (IDS), Life Safety and Fire Life Safety systems, and radio-enabled dispatch operations;
- Experience in supporting executive protection and counter-surveillance operations, and threat intelligence monitoring;
- Knowledge of Incident Command System (ICS);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proven record of providing exceptional customer service to internal and external parties;
- Thorough knowledge of relevant laws and regulations that govern the protection of information security and physical assets;
- Excellent critical thinking, judgment, and problem-solving skills;
- Proven maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure and conditions of urgency;
- Strong computer and internet skills;
- Armed Security Officer Certification in accordance with Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) and the Maryland Armed Security Guard Permit preferred;
- Ability to speak another language preferred;
- Special security certifications (HAZMAT, Incident Management, etc.) preferred;
- Available to travel as required;
- Have the legal right to work in the United States;
- Fluent in English; and
- Ability to pass a background check, physical endurance and agility test, psychological exam, and other assessments as required.
Red Five Security, LLC, is a concierge security company committed to delivering bespoke security solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ needs. Our team has extensive experience in security operations and intelligence, security design and engineering, threat and vulnerability assessments, investigations, and have trained corporate and government security professionals around the globe. Red Five clients include Fortune 50 corporations, law enforcement, military, intelligence organizations and high net-worth families.
The Red Five team includes seasoned experts from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, the U.S. Secret Service and the Departments of State, Defense and Energy, as well as accredited security design specialists. We hire experienced and talented individuals and provide them with extensive ongoing training as well as highly competitive benefits packages.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.