Executive Protection Specialist III
The Executive Protection Specialist III performs armed executive protection, mobile patrol, and counter surveillance activities in support of a safe and secure environment for our client based in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. This individual will work with a highly skilled and professional team to provide exceptional client service while complying with all concealed carry and private security regulations of the VA, MD, and DC departments of criminal justice services.
This is a full-time position. Candidates must qualify for or possess a permit to carry a concealed firearm under the LEOSA (H.R. 218).
- Providing executive protection services for the client and family members;
- Conducting counter surveillance activities in the vicinity of the client site and along travel routes;
- Performing threat assessments and making recommendations for improving security procedures and the security of the client’s environment;
- Identifying and reporting, verbally and in writing, any anomalies and/or suspicious activities in the vicinity of the client site or along travel routes that could potentially constitute a threat;
- Providing vehicular escort services to the client and family members;
- Serving as a backup to Static Officers as the mission dictates;
- Acting as an on-duty liaison to local law enforcement and emergency medical and fire officials as needed;
- Complying with all security regulations; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma;
- Four-year college degree preferred;
- At least five to ten years of close protection or executive protection experience, preferably in a dignitary or diplomatic environment;
- Five to ten years of prior law enforcement experience;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- LEOSA permit to carry a concealed firearm;
- Armed Security Officer Certification in accordance with Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) and the Maryland Armed Security Guard Permit;
- Have the legal right to work in the United States;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to pass a background check, physical endurance and agility test, psychological exam, and other assessments as required;
- Ability to effectively communicate security-related concepts/concerns to all levels of personnel;
- Advanced knowledge of physical security, information security, access control systems, and security-related technology including, but not limited to, cameras, recording devices, motion detection systems, etc.;
- General knowledge of relevant laws and regulations that govern the protection of information security and physical assets;
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and use discretion when dealing with sensitive information;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication (both written and oral) skills;
- Ability to travel as required;
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel and familiarity with the Apple/Mac Operating System;
- Certified hazardous material response training experience preferred; and
- Ability to meet the established physical demands required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands and Environment:
Environment: Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions including cold temperatures below 32 degrees for more than one hour at a time and extreme hot temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour at a time; ability to sit and drive in all types of weather and lighting conditions.
Physical abilities: Ability to sit in and operate a motor vehicle for extended period of time and in all types of weather and lighting conditions; standing for extended periods of time, picking up and carrying objects of up to 20 to 50 pounds, stooping and kneeling, descending ladders and stairs, and walking extended distances when performing foot patrols or other job requirements.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Red Five Security, LLC, is a concierge security company committed to delivering bespoke security solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ needs. Our team has extensive experience in security operations and intelligence, security design and engineering, threat and vulnerability assessments, investigations, and have trained corporate and government security professionals around the globe. Red Five clients include Fortune 50 corporations, law enforcement, military, intelligence organizations and high net-worth families. The Red Five team includes seasoned experts from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, the U.S. Secret Service and the Departments of State, Defense and Energy, as well as accredited security design specialists. We hire experienced and talented individuals and provide them with extensive ongoing training and development opportunities.
Compensation is highly competitive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.