JOB POSTING – PROJECT DIRECTOR
Red Five has a unique opportunity for experienced security operations professional to become part of our team. The Project Director will take ownership of all security operations for assigned client projects, ensuring all services are delivered in a manner that meets Red Five’s client service standards of excellence. This is a highly visible customer-facing role that entails regular interaction with clients as well as Red Five’s senior leadership.
The Project Director will work predominantly at a client site in Sandy, Utah.
Provide day-to- day leadership and management of security project operations for designated client(s).
- CREATE THE MASTER SECURITY PLAN FOR THE CLIENT AND ENSURE THAT ALL ASPECTS OF THE PLAN ARE APPROPRIATELY IMPLEMENTED;
- PROVIDE SUPERVISION AND TRAINING FOR THE SECURITY OFFICER TEAM;
- LEAD AND SUPERVISE A TEAM OF SUBCONTRACTORS AND VENDORS;
- OVERSEE ALL SECURITY FUNCTIONS AT THE CLIENT SITE THAT PERTAIN TO THE PERSONAL SAFETY AND SECURITY OF THE PRINCIPALS, SECURITY OF THE PROPERTY, AND PROTECTION OF ASSETS;
- PERFORM ALL DUTIES WITH THE HIGHEST ETHICAL AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS;
- REMAIN CURRENT ON EMERGING SECURITY THREATS CONCERNING OPERATIONS, PROPERTY, AND STAFF;
- ENSURE THAT ALL STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES ARE FOLLOWED; AND
- DEVELOP AND CONDUCT FORMAL TRAINING PROGRAMS AND ON-THE- JOB TRAINING FOR RELEVANT SECURITY STAFF MEMBERS.
Adhere to Red Five’s project management protocol and guidelines, as well as any additional project management or fiscal guidance from leadership.
- SUPERVISE ANY RED FIVE PROJECT MANAGER(S) ASSIGNED TO SUPPORT THE CLIENT CONTRACT;
- CONDUCT PROJECT REVIEWS IN CONCERT WITH RED FIVE HQ FROM TIME TO TIME AS NEEDED;
- ENSURE THAT QUALITY SERVICE IS CONSISTENTLY DELIVERED ACROSS ALL DESIGNATED PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS;
- PARTICIPATE IN THE RECRUITMENT, TRAINING, AND RETENTION OF ANY RED FIVE STAFF MEMBERS HIRED TO SUPPORT THE CLIENT PROJECT;
- ESTABLISH A WORKING BUDGET AND MANAGE OPERATIONS WITHIN THE APPROVED PROJECT BUDGET; AND
- CLOSE OUT PROJECTS AND CLIENTS WITH THE UTMOST LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE, CLASS, AND PROFESSIONALISM.
Participate in Red Five’s business development efforts as requested.
- WORK CLOSELY WITH THE LEADERSHIP TEAM TO SCOPE, PRICE, AND PLAN PROPOSALS AND ROMS FOR SUBMISSION TO PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS;
- UPON CAPTURE OF NEW CONTRACTS, INITIATE AND SETUP THE PROJECT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RED FIVE PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL; AND
- MEET WITH PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS, NETWORK, AND DEVELOP NEW WORK OPPORTUNITIES IN ORDER TO FURTHER THE RED FIVE BRAND AND INCREASE THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCCESSFULLY CAPTURING THE WORK/CLIENT.
Perform all other duties as required.
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE;
- AT LEAST 10 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS A SECURITY OPERATIONS MANAGER IN THE COMMERCIAL OR FEDERAL SECTOR;
- AT LEAST 5 YEARS OF SUCCESSFUL PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING THE MANAGEMENT OF PERSONNEL, BUDGETS, AND SCHEDULES;
- AT LEAST 3 YEARS OF SUCCESSFUL PROFIT AND LOSS EXPERIENCE AT THE PROJECT LEVEL;
- EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING AND IMPLEMENTING SECURITY PLANS FOR A MEDIUM-SIZED ORGANIZATION;
- EXPERIENCE MANAGING SECURITY FOR LARGE EVENTS, INCLUDING PLANNING, EXECUTION, AND CONDUCTING POST-EVENT LESSONS LEARNED SESSIONS;
- EXPERIENCE MANAGING SECURITY TECHNOLOGY AND CONTRACTORS;
- EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH EXECUTIVE PROTECTION, ANTI-SMUGGLING, GUARD FORCES, AND LOSS PREVENTION;
- EXPERIENCE COORDINATING ALL ASPECTS OF FACILITIES AND OPERATIONS SECURITY, INCLUDING SECURITY MANPOWER, SECURITY TECHNOLOGY, SECURITY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, MEDICAL, SAFETY, TRAINING AND CONTINUITY OF OPERATIONS;
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF EXCEPTIONAL ETHICAL CONDUCT;
- EXPERIENCE USING MICROSOFT WORD, EXCEL, AND POWERPOINT;
- EXPERIENCE WITH GOOGLE DOCS, GMAIL, AND GOOGLE DRIVE;
- FAMILIARITY WITH THE APPLE/MAC OPERATING SYSTEM;
- EXPERIENCE USING PROJECT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE PREFERRED;
- MUST POSSESS AUTHORIZATION TO LEGALLY WORK FOR ANY EMPLOYER IN THE UNITED STATES;
- MUST SUBMIT TO AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK, INCLUDING CRIMINAL HISTORY, PERSONAL REFERENCES, EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATION VERIFICATIONS, MOTOR VEHICLE, DRUG TESTING, AND CREDIT CHECK AS APPLICABLE;
- PRIORITY MILITARY PERSONNEL MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE, UPON OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT, THEIR DD214 WITH DISCHARGE STATUS INDICATED;
- FLUENT IN ENGLISH; AND
- AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL (DOMESTICALLY) AS REQUIRED.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF PHYSICAL SECURITY, INFORMATION SECURITY, ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS, AND SECURITY-RELATED TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CAMERAS, RECORDING DEVICES, MOTION DETECTION SYSTEMS, ETC.;
- THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF RELEVANT LAWS AND REGULATIONS THAT GOVERN THE PROTECTION OF INFORMATION SECURITY AND PHYSICAL ASSETS;
- ABILITY TO HANDLE CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS WITH APPROPRIATE SENSITIVITY, DISCRETION, AND PROFESSIONALISM;
- PROVEN ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK AND PRIORITIZE;
- EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND ORAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS;
- PROVEN RECORD OF PROVIDING EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL PARTIES;
- DEMONSTRATED POISE, TACT, AND DIPLOMACY;
- EXCELLENT CRITICAL THINKING, JUDGMENT, AND PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS;
- ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND WITHIN A TEAM; AND
- PROVEN MATURITY, RELIABILITY, COMPOSURE, AND STABILITY UNDER PRESSURE.
Red Five is a concierge security company committed to delivering bespoke security solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ needs. Our team has extensive experience in security operations and intelligence, security design and engineering, threat and vulnerability assessments, investigations, and have trained corporate and government security professionals around the globe. Red Five clients include Fortune 50 corporations, law enforcement, military, intelligence organizations and high networth families.
The Red Five team includes seasoned experts from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, the U.S. Secret Service and the Departments of State, Defense and Energy, as well as accredited security design specialists. We hire experienced and talented individuals and provide them with extensive ongoing training as well as a highly competitive benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.